Please read these conditions carefully. They set out the basis of your agreement with Dales and Vales Cottage Holidays Ltd and the cottage owners who provide your holiday. We, Dales and Vales Cottage Holidays Ltd (company number 07282437) trading as Dales and Vales Cottage Holidays, act as agent in booking your cottage ('accommodation'). Your contract will be with your accommodation owner.
We reserve the right to alter prices on the website, which may go up or down. We will advise you of the current price at the time of booking. The terms and conditions for bookings made on-line through our website may change from time to time. Please check at the time of booking.
- All offers and bookings are subject to availability.
- Individual cottage owners may alter or withdraw a property for reasons beyond our control and in the event of any property being removed from our list, we will endeavour to find you a suitable alternative or a full refund will be given.
- The holidaymaker undertakes to leave the premises in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. You are liable to the Owner for any damage caused in the property during the period of hire. The Owner has the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise.
- Once a booking has been confirmed by us to you, should you require it to be amended or re-invoiced for any reason a fee of £30.00 will be charged. You may,up to 8 weeks before the holiday start date change your holiday start date to another date, subject to availability and payment of the above fee and any outstanding difference in price. It is not possible to re-arrange your holiday less than 8 weeks before it is due to commence
- Cancellation for a Qualifying Reason - Subject to receipt of satisfactory documentary evidence and provided that everyone in your entire party cancels or curtails the holiday you will be entitled to a refund less £50 administration charge. and your reason for doing so is any of the following:#
- Accidental injury or illness of you or your travelling companions, close relative, close associate.
- Redundancy or occupational posting
- Police advising against travel due to adverse weather conditions
- Police requiring a person in your party to attend following theft at their Home or usual place of business
Exclusions - You will not be entitled to any refund or waiver of responsibility for any balance payment due if the cancellation is for any of the following reasons:
- War, whether declared or not;
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component of such assembly
- Any person in your party deciding not to travel, or if already left Home, deciding not to continue
- Any person in your party's loss of enjoyment of the Holiday
- Any accident to or illness of any person in your party's family pet
If a cancellation or curtailment situation arises for a qualifying reason, please contact us immediately first by phone and then in writing by email, post or fax, supplying documentary evidence, including medical certificates where appropriate. Our address is Dales and Vales Cottage Holidays, 26A Newmarket Street, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 2JB.
You and your party must take ordinary and reasonable care to safeguard against loss, damage, accident, injury or illness.
All information provided to us must be complete and accurate .
You will not be paid if you or your party do not comply with any obligation to act in a certain way specified in this clause or if they are dishonest .
All certificates, information and evidence provided by you shall be at your expense .
- We and the Owners of the accommodation reserve the right to terminate a holiday after the keys have been handed over, if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause danger or significant annoyance to others or damage to property. In these circumstances, no refund will be given. Please note that unreasonable behaviour specifically includes smoking by any member of your party in a property specifically designated (and advertised by us) as a no smoking property.
- For certain properties, the Owner reserves the right to ask for payment of a security deposit. Where a security deposit is payable, you will be informed at the time of booking and the deposit (and the amount payable) will be confirmed to you on your Booking Confirmation. The deposit is payable directly to the owner/caretaker. We do not collect, hold or return security deposits.
- Neither we nor the Owner can accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance of the contract is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to "force majeure".
Circumstances amounting to "force majeure" include any event which we or the owners could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemic and all similar situations beyond the owner's control.
- Pets are welcome at many of our properties free of charge. Where a charge is applicable it is stated in the property description. No more than two pets are allowed in any property unless authorised at the time of booking. Under no circumstances may your pets lie on bedding or chairs, nor must they be allowed upstairs or left unattended in properties or elsewhere and should be exercised outside the property gardens or grounds. Registered assistance dogs are accepted free of charge in all properties on our website, subject to the availability of suitable accommodation.
- You should notify any shortcomings with your accommodation to the Owner or his/her representative immediately so that remedial action, if appropriate, can be taken. If a significant problem is not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact us as soon as possible during your holiday and we will liaise with your Owner.
- Data Protection Policy - In order to process your booking we need to use the information you provide such as name, address, any special needs etc and send it to the Owner and provider of travel arrangements.
Proper security measures are in place to protect your information which we pass on to the relevant Owner of your accommodation and travel arrangements. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/ immigration if required by them, or as required by law.
We will not, however, pass any information onto any person not responsible for part of your accommodation and travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary/religious requirements. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, we cannot provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant person. The Owner or the Supplier's use of your information is subject to their policy and is their responsibility
- Payments made by credit card are currently subject to a charge of 2%, there is no charge for debit cards.
We will hold your information, where collected by us, and may use it to inform you of offers in the future or to send you brochures. If you do not wish to receive such approaches in the future, please write to us. We may also provide your details to selected third parties for similar purposes. If you do not wish to receive such approaches in the future, please write to us.
Copyright © Dales and Vales Cottage Holidays Ltd 2010. Published August 2010. Cancels all previous issues.